Wednesday, October 14, 2009

We had inches of SNOW, ish. It was very beautiful this morning, but completely unwelcome still. When I was carrying in the stuff from the milk man, I noticed how Currier and Ives the trees looked and that post-snow muffled sound in the air. But let’s talk in DECEMBER, not NOW. It’s supposed to be warmer toward the weekend.

Lorene Laubach, a friend of ours, --her daughter was moving and getting rid of a couch. It’s microfiber suede, kind of a brick color. Did we want it? $150. Yeah, sure! Well, it’s actually a beautiful sectional. Huge! We're trying to adapt the room so it will fit. Right now, the kids are way into this gi-normous couch in the family room. I can hear the rowdies now, after I said they should get pajamas on. How about let’s ignore Mom and go kick around on the Super Couch?

Oh, and get this: The kids had a caterpillar in a cup with some lettuce on the cupboard and I forgot and loaded the cup in the dishwasher! They asked me about the cup, I said I hadn’t seen it. (Dumb me.) They found the cup in the dishwasher and I could hear their upset little voices in the next room. They found the caterpillar, unharmed, in the bottom of the dishwasher. (I hadn’t run it yet.) Yah, thank goodness I’m on the job. love, Val

8 comments:

  1. Hey Val, you are a blogger now. I am excited to check in here and read about your life and your sweet family. You are such an inspiration to me. Love, K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm glad you started a blog. The more Val that is in the world, the better :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. In a house full of inquisitive children, you never know what might be living in a cup. Thank goodness the caterpillar was saved. LOL!!!

    BTW... Welcome to the blogosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Val!!! You are a natural blogger. It will be great to stop in a read what you are up to. I love your stories and your insight. You, my dear, are a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. At my house, when a crisis is averted and nothing BAD happened, it's just like it never happened at all. ;) At least you know when you are old and have several generations of decendants, people will still have great stories to tell about you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You girls are so sweet. love, Val

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, man, I'm anonymous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Val,

    I am reading your blogs instead of supposed-to- be-cooking din-din. LOL! (Your missives are way better than food.......)
    Becka

    ReplyDelete