Monday, April 14, 2014

lord have mercy

So I came wandering home late tonight and it's cold out, like 30 degrees F.  That's not a warm temperature for mid-April.

Well, I came into my house and it felt like a toaster oven in the face. I didn't think that much about it--cold to warm, makes sense

But then I went down to the office to transfer money from one account to another to write out the checks for taxes due tomorrow, and it was hot in the office.

That's not right.  The office tends to be drafty and cold-ish.  We have our aunt's space heater down there over the winter for a reason.

Papers were printed and stuff paid and the envelopes dealt with.  Sweat broke out.  I was doing that thing I do with my bangs when I'm dying of heat.

The envelopes were thrown on the cabinet near the door, signed, sealed, delivered, and as I headed for the kitchen, happened to glance at the thermostat.

SOMEONE had pushed the dial up to 82 degrees.   Our house is consistently 5 degrees hotter than the thermostat says.  It's an old house and an old thermostat, so we know this device well.

Who did this?

Lydia.  "The temperature in Philippe's tank was not warm enough..."

Oh, Sweet Jesus, yes, let's heat up an entire house over 3,000 square feet to over 80 degrees to warm up a 4" gecko.

I did not scream or rant, just turned the dial down to 66 degrees where we normally have it, which heats the home to about 72, and mentioned the light should be used instead, and was he okay? 

Oh yes, he's fine.

Praise God.
Okay then.   I feel like opening a window, it's still so damned stuffy in here.

Sigh. Ei-yi-yi.

Lydia, I love you so dearly, you can't even imagine.    love, MOM and DAD and the gas company too, probably, lol.  xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment