Friday, November 17, 2023

the end of the week

The clean up continued outside and we burned old files because the garbage bins were full.

Jay had an errand and Heidi and Joe's and I was happy to come along and see some kids.

My dad gave each of them a painting he'd done of chickens. They're whimsical and sweet, folk art, funny.  They hung them on their walls, and how perfect they are.
That's a cow jumping over the moon.
She showed me the new pads they have for the floor and walls so when they swing around on that swing they don't bash into things.  I told Heidi the corner of the desk always makes me nervous, but they've never even come close to it.  Not sure the swing even goes over that far.  It's just paranoia of mine.
She was too busy to smile.
When I asked her to smile, she posed for me.  Later we played cards and I think she tends to cheat.  It says, "Draw 2, " and she doesn't.

It's all right.

There's a nice smile.
Awww.  When we arrived I tackled her for smooches to the neck. She laughed.
And then we drove to the city to pick Julia up from the University. She's home until after Thanksgiving, and we're sure glad she is.

The ride home in the dark is quite gorgeous, city lights and dark sky.  I tried to get a picture, but the car moves too fast.


 Someone else took this. It's a different angle, not the dip down view with the river, but it's okay.
And that brings us to today.

Friday.

Best day of the week.

The sun is shining.

Love, Val




No comments:

Post a Comment