Tuesday, December 4, 2012

my camera, tonight

I love it when I find wonderful pictures on my camera--ones I did not take.

Awww, this is Lydia:  Lydia Karina, aka Kari, dressed in her new white blouse and black pants, ready for her first band concert.   My parents were there too, the most devoted grandparents ever, besides her dad and also Ole and Julie Stromberg.

Julie is her Prayer Partner.  Ole is Tim's.

At our church, Prayer Partners is called an "inter-generational ministry" where grown adults are partnered with kids to...well what?  Be friends?  Pray for each other?   It's free form, however the participants work it out.   Maria and James have Prayer Partners too.   Maria's is framed on the wall of her room.  James claims he prays for Andy--and he probably does.  (James never appears to break a sweat no matter what he does.)

Julia makes a special run down the side aisle to hug her prayer partner Suzanne every time we're at church with her.  Her partner seems pleased by the enthusiasm, and she's an excellent listener while they eat donuts together after the service.

So Julie and Ole drove all the way from the city to be at her band concert, Julie having asked Kari to call her with the date and time.   I'm touched. (Ole is a construction worker. He's Tim's Prayer Partner.  They don't talk a lot, just shake hands.  He understands Tim.  Today Jay had to snake out the pipe from the bathroom sink and as Jay fed the coil into the pipe, Tim chortled, "Now we get to have a party with THIS device."

???

Yeah, it was a big, fat hairball party. No refreshments. )   Ole and Julie have children of their own, grandchildren galore, and here yet they were tonight.

For her, nervous little her.

Sigh.  Lucky.  Lucky for love and friends and family and squirrels.   And for neighbors.  One next door neighbor sent me a 6am facebook message telling me the inflatable Santa was down overnight.  The neighbor on the other side of us--late tonight I had a facebook message from him telling me that Santa is strangely awesome, and he  may need a Mrs. Santa for his own yard.

And he also told me his daughter had a college acceptance letter yesterday--ahh, very nice.

I heard the concert was beautiful, Lydia.   

Okay. It's Wednesday.   Onward, and good night.  love always, Val

No comments:

Post a Comment