Tuesday, March 4, 2014

cousins

This was from yesterday.   Tomorrow is a whole cousins babysitting day.

I love how happy they are to see each other.  I love how they argue at intervals, watch a bit of PBS, ask for Moo Jrs, and make huge extravagant messes.   (That's why we have all these toys--for them.)

This is a funny story.

Monday when they were here I asked those two bigger ones to pick up toys so we wouldn't hurt our feet walking around.

They said no.

Okay then.  I started picking up toys and it went on and on because there was a lot spread out--potato head eyes, scraps of paper, doll dishes.

Then the b.g. one asked me for Yo-J.   I said no.  "You are not helping.  I asked you to help.  You said no."

A funny, concerned, thoughtful expression came over his face.  He started tossing dolls into a basket.

(The kid is smart, see.)

After the dolls were picked up we found him a glass of Yo-J.

Then the little girl, p.j. asked for Yo-J also. I told her, "You have not helped.  He did."

She peered at me, and shortly was gathering up mittens and hats and putting them back in the bin by the door.

Fast learners!   Yo-J is such an amazing incentive.  Why give employee bonuses or titles?  Just stick with the Yo-J.

love all you kids so, MOM, aka GRANDMA

No comments:

Post a Comment