Sunday, March 23, 2014

princess party

The long awaited Princess Party was yesterday.   Before her birthday, she told her mom this is what she wanted, but then included no specifics.

Heidi very much wanted to get this right, to not disappoint, but she didn't know what the kid expected.

They made decorations together to hang up, princess decorations.   They bought little pink and purple tiaras and wands for the guests.  A princess cake was ordered.  The menu included mac and cheese and spaghetti.

p.j. seemed to think a herd of little girls should come to the party, but she doesn't really know any.   She also had the idea that boys probably shouldn't come.

We talked about that a little, and that boys like princesses too.  Just because they don't want to BE princesses, they still like to have fun.

Tim just kind of shrugged and nodded.

In the end, Heidi just invited everybody--her family, his family, their friends.
This is a picture of my sister in law and my mom.  I was impressed my mom actually wore a special princess necklace.   My niece wore a unicorn shirt and a big skirt in princess spirit.

Anyway, there were gifts.   We'd given her gifts on her birthday, but I picked up a few things in the dollar section to wrap up.  One thing she wanted was a pair of little lint rollers.

That's fine.  There's always lint to be rolled.   Well, turns out she thought they were binoculars.  I think that misperception still persists.  




Heidi said she was sad when all the friends left, and the last thing she said before she fell asleep: "The best princess party ever."

Success. 

Tonight they came for supper and Julia wanted to bake this kit my dad picked out for her at the grocery store.

 It was pretty fun, and they ate them all fast.
This little trinket is an anniversary present from my sister and her family.  So fun, goofy little cute things I would never buy for myself.

 And her:
Yes, these girls make everything better.   I asked her to pose for a picture, and at first she looked annoyed, but look how cute.

Ahhh, it's the perfect ending to a great weekend.  love you all so, MOM aka GRANDMA

No comments:

Post a Comment