Monday, June 16, 2014

more cabin

"Smile, Girls!"   They tried.  They hate it when I snap pictures of them while they're chewing, or squinting, or fixing a wedgie. 

I understand.
Everything was same as we left it, for better or worse.

We had the little girl p.j. for a sleepover for one night before her parents came.   She's easy company.

Michael's had art kids for $1 each, so I bought a bunch of those, and then I found these coloring books that are for older kids.  They're printed on heavier paper, and the drawings are very detailed.   I bought new markers and also new colored pencils and they enjoyed them very much.



 Oh, and Mr. Gloves arrived and I gave him the Garfield garden gloves.  When he saw them he grinned and crooned appreciatively.

I looked at little, downy beautiful him, so happy with those goofy gloves and tears prickled for a second.

 The morning was bright, gorgeous sun.

 More and more dead fish keep sweeping up along the shore.  This happens every spring.  They mucked out the edges, cleaned it up for swimming.


A nephew and an uncle.

 When the guys were cleaning up the beach, they also were raking and scooping up poop along the grass.   Smallish--raccoon?  (A herd of shih-tzus?)  Feasting on dead fish?  We weren't sure.

Anyway, I mentioned to her that they were cleaning up poop.  Animals had pooped all around.

She frowned and paused very seriously, "Zebras?"
Well, I doubt zebras.  But I didn't tell her that.  I said, "I don't know!  Maybe!  Or maybe raccoons?  We don't know."


This pool ladder belongs to our neighbors Dori and Marshall.   It's so useful and Jay likes it so much that this is what he wanted for Father's Day--a pool ladder.  It took a bit of searching, but we found one.

See Sam there in the water?  I have done cut that dog's hair OFF.  I have gone over her body with a scissors over and over until her hair is very short.

She has two layers to her coat--a fuzzy undercoat and a long, silky top coat.  It's too much, too hot, can't dry properly so then she gets rashes.

No. No, no, no.  It's all cut off now, the long, the short is very short.   All the long feathery parts on the belly and chest, and the legs, cut off.  She looks a little odd, but not that bad--better than I thought she would.






Anyway, it was a lovely weekend, pictures enough to last almost a week.

Tonight storms came through and the air is fresh and bright.   Our friend called this afternoon and left a message he was home alone and bored and could he come and sleep over?

Yes.  

When Jay got home from working, he picked him up.

I love that he called and told us, made the request. (We're not mind readers.)

So there are kids running around in the house laughing and even though it's almost tomorrow this is one fine summer night.

love always, Val

No comments:

Post a Comment