Monday, June 30, 2014

the forgotten camera







hackeysack
Yeah, we had a great weekend at the lake.  Everyone was prepared for the kind of patience and fortitude a weekend like this takes.    If everyone stays cool, we remember the good parts and forget any moments of insanity or tension.

And as we were about ten miles down the road, I realized I'd forgotten my camera on the breadbox in the kitchen.   I had the charger and all, but no camera.

Then about two hours into the trip, I realized that the pictures I'd taken at a real estate appointment I'd driven from the lake back to Minneapolis for? And then returned to the lake?

Were on the camera, and I needed them for a report to be filled out in the morning.

Oh, only unprintable language applies.

 The idea of five MORE hours of driving to retrieve the camera?   Noooo. It made me weak.

I thought I could contact the seller's friend and retake the pictures with a different camera, but that's stupid and embarassing.

Then I remembered John may have his laptop up there. He could maybe work magic.

He did have it with him, and he did perform magic.    At bedtime the photos arrived by email, praise God.

And these are some of the reasons I'm so glad it's now and am so happy for the magic of technology--like Jay was able to email me the pictures he'd taken with his phone over the weekend.

Anyway, those six little rowdies in a row at the top?  Just looking at the picture makes me laugh.

Good night.  love always, Val

No comments:

Post a Comment