Tuesday, May 14, 2019

flowers!

 We dragged the kids to Malmborg's and bought flowers.   Last year I bought many from the home center near us, and they never looked as good, even after all summer, as the Malmborg's plants do from  the first day.

Okay, look at this.  That's a dog dish filled with sand and water.  Things tend to go off the rails.

Yeah.

 We got it done, and everything is looking beautiful. When we were done with the flower pots, I got the hose and some laundry detergent and we scrubbed the patio again.

 She's working.   And this amazed me:  She remembered this place from a year ago, and remembered they had child-sized fancy shovels, and asked for a new one.

I mean, of course.   Yes.  Any shovel you like.



 Candy Corn Vine!  A few years back when we were at the nursery buying flowers, I told the kids they could each choose one of their own.  Tim picked Candy Corn Vine. 

And it was adorable, grew and blossomed all the way until frost.

He's big now, and beyond trips to the nursery with me, so I bought two for him anyway.

It was a lovely Saturday.

Love, Val

No comments:

Post a Comment