Sunday, February 23, 2020

back home again


There was a medical emergency on a flight ahead of ours, diverted to Dallas, which bumped every other flight on down the line. I hope the person is okay, because this is obviously not a small thing. 

Maria finally picked us up after 9 pm. Jay's suitcase was apparently left behind in Dallas with 25 other people's luggage. 

In Dallas, I went to the bathroom, and there was a box on the wall behind the toilet, full of soap or something to clean the toilet when it was flushed.  Okay, cool.  I did not notice that the tube going from the box into the bowl was not in the toilet.

It was outside the toilet, and when I flushed it, my shoe was filled with soapy water, pants leg wet, just a lot came pouring.

As I dumped my shoe out I had the thought, "I gotta go home."

And I laughed so hard I was in pain while telling the others. Oh my goodness.

Long day, but we made it here and the Welcome Home banner is gorgeous.  Each letter is a separate panel done with watercolors, and it's lovely. 

Truly, one of the best parts of vacation is coming back home again.

Love you all, MOM

No comments:

Post a Comment