Sunday, January 10, 2021

back to reality

It's been a quiet three weeks at home with Elin recovering from surgery.  The nights are long and the hockey rink is alive, pucks smacking the boards. The owls are loud many nights, high in the pines.

I stole someone else's shoes to take out the recycling, in the dark on the patio.

And Christmas has been removed.  I battled those living room curtains today.   The curtains are heavy and the rods are flimsy and light.  Taking them down is pretty easy, but putting them back up had me sweating buckets.  Jay tried to help me, but you can't force a finagle situation, and at first he didn't understand. The curtains bind up on the sliding aspects of the rods.  We have to feel where those are and adjust accordingly.  This is why it's a struggle.  Breathe.  Please stop yelling.  We'll get it.

We did. The curtains are clean and back up again, but I think they're getting faded--which is annoying because I like them and would happily keep apple blossom curtains in my living room forever.  I loved the previous geranium curtains even more.  Once a decision is made, why have to keep coming back every ten to fifteen years and starting over again??  That's done.  (Apparently NOT.)

That's how I felt about my Buick Roadmaster station wagon: permanent car.  Boom, done.

Sigh. Sadly that's not how the world works.  So many decisions have to be returned to again and again and again. 

WHY?

Anyway, the living room looked different today without any curtains, with the Christmas tree gone, bundled safely back into that giant Christmas tree bag.

And January is moving on too.  Kids are back in school, distance learning, including Kari, starting tomorrow.

I'm back to Heidi's tomorrow watching kids.  The kids at home here will have to supervise Elin.

2021?

Really do want to be friends.  Trying to hold steady.

Love, Val

 

No comments:

Post a Comment