Monday, January 11, 2021

back to babysitting

We were back at it again today after three weeks away.   Elin is fine, totally fine to stay with the kids who are distance learning at home, no worries.

So this is a good Welcome Back story:  I made lunch.   I heated up some leftover Sloppy Joe meat and put it on buns.  When the child saw it on her plate, she burst into tears, grabbed it and threw it in the wastebasket.

!!!!

Then the little sister ran to the dining room, grabbed her Sloppy Joe and threw it in the bin too.

Apparently they don't like Sloppy Joes and this is a super dramatic way to make that point? (They could have said so--we'd have found them something else.)  

I was stunned.  I said, "Lunch is over. Get to your rooms."  (The little one had eaten a hash brown and a jug of chocolate milk, so she was for sure not even hungry anyway.)

They ran away crying. In a few minutes the bigger sister was in the kitchen making turkey sandwiches and took them upstairs.  I pretended not to notice.

Oh my goodness.  I will never attempt to serve them Sloppy Joes again.  Never.  Really.  I asked others if this is a thing they would do?  Throw a meal their grandma gave them into the trash right in front of her?  They all winced, "Oooh.  No.  I would not do that."   What a great laugh this was for today.

Here's a beautiful picture from last week when the aunts were in charge, hopefully serving chicken nuggets or macaroni.


 So much love you darn kids, even when you're punks.   Love, Grandma

No comments:

Post a Comment