Wednesday, May 10, 2023

swamp


That's Elin, peacefully sleeping dog.

This is the swamp next to the cabin.

Last Friday night we hopped in bed and Jay fell right to sleep.  I was reading on my phone, quietly in the dark and Elin JUMPED up onto our bed right between us and stood there.

Jay has gout and I did not want her to stomp on his poor foot while he was asleep.  He was softly snoring away, and she was standing there trembling so violently that the whole bed was shaking.


I had the thought: Who can sleep with these people?


Finally I turned on the lamp to see what was going on with the dog.  She looked at the window, nervously licking her lips and glancing over at me.  

That's when I realized the swamp was a racket and chorus of every possible noise. The peepers were peeping, the bullfrogs were making their weird noises. Other creatures were chiming in with high and low notes.

She was scared of the swamp.

I shut the window, and in a couple minutes she jumped down and got on her blanket and went to sleep. 



This girl is such a chicken.

 Love, Val

No comments:

Post a Comment