Monday, October 23, 2017

the end of the weekend, 2017

 Some kind of ball game was played.  Or maybe it was a race.

I was cleaning the shower house before Jay shut it down for the season, but I could hear them.

 Joe brought his machine--hauled that huge machine all the way from Minneapolis to the lake and back,  and pulled that old nasty stump out and flattened and smoothed the whole area.  Alicia's parents ran for straw and grass seed, so even that was accomplished--all in one day.

 There you go.  One project done, bam. Don't have to deal with it next year.


 I called them together for a picture, and they cooperated right away.  It was so successful, we summoned the little baby girl, so all could be included.

 There we go, the hollering, fighting, crazy band of cousins:





 These clouds on the ride home--I told Kari to do her best to take pictures while I was driving.


 Jay took these pictures for me this morning after we dropped the car off at the repair shop.  I specifically bought this shrubbery for the fall color, and I might have to get a few more.


Okay, time for bed.  Tomorrow is Kirsten's birthday, and Maria and Julia went to Florida on Friday, and they've been having a blast, won't be back until the end of the week.

I talked to them on the phone tonight and it sounds like a lovely week, lots of laughing and fun.

Sisters.

Okay, good night.

Love, Val

No comments:

Post a Comment