Friday, October 13, 2017

this happened

 It's so late and I'm so tired, but this very fine Friday? This happened!

Kirsten came home for our niece's wedding tomorrow.  The child in the pink pants slept over so she could have a girl's night with her aunties.  Aunts are so darn fun.  It was a lovely evening and the child is asleep on an air mattress in the family room now.

This was from a day ago, cuties.  Do not aggravate this 14 year old Poo-Tell.  Sidney is patient and likes this baby quite a bit.  The child is learning to be gentle.

 But the magazines?  Why?

And then this?  Miss Cheeks is up to twelve pounds, smiles and talks to us all in vowels.

I love her.

 This dog in the photo below:  I gave her a bath today. The little child was going to help me, but then as the dog was covered in suds, she left the bathroom.  I kept washing the dog, my mind running wild thinking about an unattended two year old cruising all over this house full of items and potential danger.  I yelled for her. She didn't answer.

 Then? The dog popped out of the tub.

I grabbed her by the tail, but she was covered in suds and slippery.

I slammed the bathroom door on her and ran to look for the kid.  She was rolling around on the family room couch, watching Curious George, perfectly safe.

So I ran back to the bathroom, put a towel under this puppy's belly and holding the two ends, tossed her butt right back into the bathtub to finish the bath.

Scrubbed and Rinsed.
Okay, last spring I planted this Easter Lily in the garden.  It's blooming again.  Anyone want a catalpa tree?  I have many to give away.

 After Heidi went home, her child spent a very long time brushing Kirsten's hair and practicing braiding.  Kirsten is a patient woman, somewhat surprised she wasn't bald by the end of the evening, but she is not.

The child wanted to sleep in the family room with her, so we blew up the air mattress and the kid went right to sleep and it's a family room sleepover.

While I was finishing work, the child sneaked in and asked for help stapling the band on a bracelet she'd made.  I tried a couple times then handed her the stapler and told her to take it to the others in the kitchen.

But I heard her in the bathroom adjacent, working with the stapler.

Apparently it was this:
Okay, that just too sweet.

Friday the 13th could probably not get any better.

Time to sleep.

So much love,   Val, aka Grandma, aka MOM

No comments:

Post a Comment