Friday, September 4, 2020

hey september!

Dannell took these yesterday, kids riding old bikes in the field.  The light and low angle of the sun are all about late summer.  Pics continue to be chopped off. You will have to click on each one to see them as they actually appear.
The ivy is beautiful this summer, the part that grew.  There is a lot of dead on the back of the house.  Maybe I'll plant some new in the spring.
No Monarch caterpillars this year, not a single one.  We've got this pretend guy though.

Last week I bought fabric and sewed a new valance for the bedroom at the cabin.  Now I think the sheers look horrible.  Those have to go. I need new ones, brighter ones.  And the bedspread, which came with the cabin and has been minimally chewed by mice over the winter at points?  That needs to go too.  
But, while I was buying the fabric for the valance I was super distracted by the flannel, and bought a pile of it to sew into baby blankets, and I already had a pile waiting to be sewn. Today I had time to sew a few and I am very fond of this frog and camper blanket.  The other one is cute too, has great colors.


Anyway, September, you beautiful creature, glad you showed up. This has been some kind of year.

Love, Val

No comments:

Post a Comment