Tuesday, October 13, 2020

a fun project

So, we live like this. These are the cupboards from Joe and Heidi's house from 2010 that were removed and later attached to the walls here at the lake.  

It's all clutter like most cupboards are if you open up the doors.

Yeesh!

Slam!

We have the cupboard doors, and last weekend I exhumed the little cupboard doors for the cabinet over the stove.

I sanded them DOWN. I sanded until my hands were numb and achy and stiff.  I sampled the stain, but that revealed resistant areas I had not sanded off, so I began again.

Joe said they'd be hard to paint smoothly because of the texture of the grain and he was right.  Sanded entirely, they stained great.  I rubbed on coats of tung oil and beautiful.


A before picture:
More cupboard doors are on deck for this weekend.

Love, Val

No comments:

Post a Comment