Friday, November 20, 2020

a quiet week

It was very quiet, boring.  This made me laugh--to be a kid, on a random Thursday morning, in a pandemic, stuck at home.  That's the life we live.

This photo I call Spontaneous Napping.  Girl got tired.  Couch cushion in the sun felt divine.  I texted Joe and he came upstairs and plucked her from there and tossed her into bed.

The washer wore out, could not be repaired apparently. So we bought a used washer, no big deal. But when installed it looked like pure crap next to the old dryer.  I have located a matching dryer on Craigslist and this current dryer will be in the garage if anyone needs it.  It's a good dryer, was purchased shortly before Maria was born, with thanks to my parents.
And this girl-- a month ago she hurt her left back leg while running in the snow in the field at the cabin, must have slipped and twisted it.  She improved quite a bit the first week or two, but then after that, not really.

So we took her to the vet today and they sedated her so they could properly examine the leg and get good x-rays.  Torn ligament, and surgery is needed.  So unfortunate.

Last night before her vet appointment I wanted to give her a bath. Well, she was wise to my intentions and ran outside. We lured her back inside with buns, but then she plastered herself to the floor and would not get up. When we looked away, discussing, she jumped up and hid in the family room in the dark.

Okay, fine.  You win.  No bath.  It's been a month since her last bath and she could use one, but whatever.  We'll be more crafty and sly next time about this, not turn on the water until she's standing in the tub, not tip our hand like we managed to last night.

And that's the end. The pandemic is taking off again, virus everywhere.  I miss my grandchildren very much, though I appreciate the kids I do see, and the ones who live here.  Maybe we can figure something out that's safe so we can see each other outside.  This won't go on forever, but it sure feels like it is.

Much love, Val, aka Grandma, aka MOM
 

No comments:

Post a Comment