Sunday, June 27, 2021

strange conversations: abraham lincoln

Okay, so last Thursday at lunch, we were talking about Abraham Lincoln.   

The kid is six, and she said, "Aber-HAM Lincoln. Aber-HAM, and now all I can think about is ham. That's such a weird name."

????

I do love kids, and wacky things they say is one of the best parts of being around them.

The little sister who is three, almost four said, "Yeah, somebody shot him in the head while he was watching a show."

This is true.

The six year old asked me is this true?   

It is, sadly.

"So was he a good guy or a bad guy?"

Well, history has definitely claimed him as a very good guy. But at the time, a lot of people were very upset with him.  Some people even hated his guts, thought he was the end of the world.

They both nodded.

Then we did the dishes and went outside.

Whee.

However, his name has never made me think about HAM before.  Oh my goodness.

Love, Grandma


 

No comments:

Post a Comment