Saturday, August 7, 2021

redoing the bathroom

I sewed the shower curtain and window curtains years ago, and last winter noticed the window curtains had turned from blue to purple, fading in the sun.   I kept thinking about shopping for fabric and sewing new ones, but procrastination and time, you know?   All those button holes I'd have to sew, all the measuring to make sure it all hung straight?   Nah.  Not right now.

But I  bought a new shower curtain instead.  It's not permanent, but it's fun, and new rugs.  I sewed a valance and hemmed a sheer panel, and it looks much refreshed.
 



But this. This clutter.  I sent pictures to Jody and she sees pictures and flies into action.  A dozen texts went back and forth about ALL THE STUFF in this small 40s bathroom.  She suggested a cabinet, but radiator.  Yeah.

Well. Still much can be done.

Good bye junk.  Old towels I only need for bathing Elin don't have to be in this room all the time.

Although, as I stored them in cabinets in the basement bathroom, that tub stopper will not come up and that big pink tub was full of murky, cold water.  That's not right.

We have a problem.   Not today.  I tried with a flat screwdriver, but no. My little fingernails? No. I scooped out most of the water and I'm sure Jay will help figure this out another day. 

Anyway, a de-junked bathroom, looking way better.
Then the linen closet became involved.  Why can't we store towels there?   Because it's tiny and so full it has become an avalanche situation.

So soon I hauled the entire contents of the linen closet out to the living room and started getting real.

Do old extra long twin sized sheets spark joy?

They do not.

If Tim or Julia go to a dorm, we can get them new sheets of their choice.  All the old flat sheets--many of those because the fitted sheets wear out much faster--gone.  Donated sets of sheets in colors that don't bring me joy--khaki, green, gray.  What are they even doing in there?  I'm not sure.  Anyway, gone.

Three bags to donate, one to trash, a pile to the cabin. Done.  Jody, Thank you.






Love, Val

No comments:

Post a Comment