Saturday, November 27, 2021

getting ready for christmas

Big Santa is back.
And Little Santa.  There's also water skiing Santa, but he's hard to see in the dark.
Here's the cardboard Santa Jay's mom gave us back in the early 80s.

 Candle lights are all set.

I thought some little girls might like to help with the tree, and they did for about three minutes. They were way more interested in Mario Baseball and playing Barbie with Aunt Julia.




I ordered a Christmas shower curtain, strange enough, but also fun.  The bathroom is so small and the shower curtain is so huge it was hard to get a picture.
And we made a big pot of  Winter Night Turkey soup, and there was so much I sent a container over to the neighbors too.   They said they liked it.

It's from a cookbook my parents gave me for Christmas back in 1987.  When I make it for us I use 8 cups of water, 8 bouillon cubes, more than 8 cups of milk, and increase the other ingredients, though I don't measure those.

Anyway, onward to Christmas!

Love, Val

No comments:

Post a Comment