Monday, December 12, 2022

the magic bathrobe

That's my bathrobe hanging on the door.  It's the magic bathrobe.  It got this name because if anyone can't sleep, you just put the magic bathrobe over them and they go straight to sleep.  It's very reliable.

I told the child about this and while we three were resting on the bed watching TV, I covered Grandpa up to demonstrate.

He fell right to sleep.  She noticed he'd dozed off and was giggling behind her hand. He'd been hit by the magic.

I told her I'd wash the robe and then she could take it home.  Maybe it would help her sleep.

So after it came out of the dryer, she wanted to try it out.

I explained again that you have to be very still.  No kicking or talking or wiggling.  Your eyes have to be closed and then you wait for the magic to come onto you.

In about five minutes she was asleep.  I texted Heidi this picture and she said, "Don't let her sleep!  She'll be up all night!"


In a couple minutes I said her name and she woke right up (she's a light sleeper) and looked startled that she'd fallen asleep! She said she'd been dreaming about Shrek.

Random!

Anyway, good luck with the magic bathrobe.   Hope you get lots of great sleep.

Love, Grandma
 

No comments:

Post a Comment