Tuesday, August 15, 2023

a dirt tornado

This is the sky in the Costco parking lot on Thursday eve.   Looked menacing, but that's okay.  

As I made my way, about halfway across the parking lot, the whole atmosphere took a deep breath in, and a deep breath out.  I trotted a little faster.  Another breath in and then all hell hit.   The dirt in the parking lot launched into a huge spiral.  Things flew off the building, and random trash flew past.  My glasses lifted off my face and I grabbed them back.

Ei yi yi

Once inside could hear the storm--thunder booming, and rain against the roof.

Then when it was time to leave, rain gushed off the building and flowed across the asphalt, increasing and decreasing downpour and thunder.

Some people braved it, many stayed inside too.

This went on for about half an hour.  I texted Jay complaining.  My feet hurt.  My bra itches. What in the world with this storm?

 Later on at home, my hair felt like a kid in a sandbox, embedded grit.   No wonder my bra itched. There was dirt in it.  There was dirt in my ears.

Okay, that's not right.   Apparently other communities had hail damage and everything.

Sigh.

Love, Val
 

No comments:

Post a Comment