Sunday, February 11, 2024

sunday

Before the basketball game we bought snacks for the Superbowl and later made our way back home.


At the grocery store there were kids in football jerseys who clearly were bagging groceries as a fundraiser. I didn't notice them at first, but all at once there were little football players all crowding around the cart.

One started in on his publicity speech, and then he paused and said, "I flubbed that," like he was going to begin again.  

I said, "That's okay. Do you want to bag my groceries?" I gave him $5 and pointed over to them.

"Yeah!"

Jay was already starting to bag so I asked him to get out of the way and let these men do their work. He asked what he should do then?  I said, "Stand there and look good."  The cashier laughed.

The kids were working away and asked us who we thought would win the game.  I said, "Taylor Swift!"

"Aww, she's not playing."

"She's good! She can kick and run, bet she can throw a ball."

They shook their heads.

Jay said, "Probably the Packers."

They shook their heads, giggling more and said, "They're not playing either."

They were the cutest baggers in a long time.

And then Jay drove her back to her dorm for the week, and that's the end of Sunday.

Love always, MOM aka Val
 

No comments:

Post a Comment