Tuesday, July 26, 2011

ahhh, such a beautiful tuesday

It was.

Lydia came with me and b.g. and p.j. because we were babysitting those two babies, and we bought groceries in the morning, and brought back deli food for lunch.

Then we headed over to the little pool.

lydia and b.g.


In the evening I showed a couple houses to some friends and her dad and godparents. I love it when the whole family comes along. It might sound strange, but it's more festive, and the input, both positive and negative, is much more bold than anything I'd ever say.

(I try to stay neutral on people's choices and thoughts. I am never dishonest, but a lot of times my opinions aren't that relevant--like, for example, I know I'm way more influenced by the way a house smells than I should be.)


Anyway, as I drove home from work tonight it was a perfect 83 degrees, and I had the window in the ceiling of the car open, and a Neil Young CD in the player. I don't know why, it was just a Neil Young kind of night. I felt just so glad to be there on the highway in the breeze and the sun, listening to him warble away.

Okay, these are picture from today at that sublime little pool we go to. Can you believe a summer's pass costs only $35? Unlimited joy, sunshine, cold water, goofing around, for all these kids? A steal, it is. God bless the little pool now and forever. love, Val

b.g. with maria, his personal lifeguard








This is where b.g.'s other grandparents live. She was at work today.





Sigh. I do love July. love again, Val

2 comments:

  1. Oh I'm so glad you had a good day. Hope the rest of the week is just more of the same. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like a perfect day. xoxo

    ReplyDelete