Sunday, March 17, 2013

st. patrick's day, 2013

Last night we went downtown with friends to have dinner and  listen to a friend who plays jazz, and we had an interesting time.   We didn't anticipate the crowd or the rowdiness.

It was entertaining. Then we came home and found James and Tim engaged in a Yu-Gi-O battle.

Okay then.

Also we found Heidi still at our house, and p.j.   They'd come over during the evening to play and the child refused to leave, so Heidi just stayed.  We have futons downstairs and it was all good. We watched a movie last night, and Jay made a cabin breakfast this morning--fried egg sandwiches with cheese, sausage, pancakes.

It was great.

Then late this morning, the leprechauns came.  They found a mess in Tim's room, threw candy, and left their usual terrible note.   There's the candy right there.

Okay, this is a weird story.  This Sponge Bob car air freshener apparently was hanging from the ceiling light in Tim's room and was accidentally knocked down by the leprechauns, little as they may be.

Tim found it among the candy and said, "Oh good."

I asked why good? What did he even need it for?

(Okay, are you sitting down? Are you ready for this?)

 He said, "Yeah, I need it.  I rub it on my head when I don't want to wash my hair."

 I  -  - I don't even know what to say.

He's actually a fairly nice person.  I've worked a lot the last few days and at one point he found me sprawled on my bed watching the news and spontaneously kissed me, "I didn't know you were home. I  haven't even seen you for like two days!"

That was sweet.   I didn't notice any weird smell about him.

Oh and here's the note.

Inside it said something evil about hearing a fart and see you next year.

That's real nice.

More snow tonight, but you know what?

March, you foolish devil, you don't scare me much.  April is going to be here in two weeks so Nah-nah-nah-nah-boo-boo. Stick your head in doo-doo.

Okay good night.   love, Val

1 comment:

  1. I wish the leprechauns would come here. Xoxox

    ReplyDelete