Wednesday, February 26, 2014

the jaunty little guy

When we got home Sunday, the kids pushed Tim forward and said, "Tell her what happened."

Okay.

Well, things do get broken sometimes--sometimes for no reason, sometimes because people are being wild in the house.

This was apparently shot accidentally in some nerf battle.

These little guys have been hanging out on that cabinet for decades.  The big one is actually a planter.  The glass is shaped in back for a plant.   Anyway, I have a bunch of these 40s figurines, and I wasn't going to sell them anyway.



 So there he is glued back together still with a jaunty wave.

A few years ago I pretty much made peace with all this once and for all.   It was when Maria was throwing beanie babies for Sidney and knocked down a pretty Mother's Day plate my mother-in-law had given me when I was first a mother.    I cried, felt all abused.

Maria bought me another one for Christmas off ebay, not even fifteen dollars.   For sure, not a tragedy.  What the heck is wrong with me sometimes?

Just let it go, Val.   Not important.

Alicia was so appalled when b.g. threw down a coffee mug that was a souvenir from Niagara Falls.   "First all your kids broke everything, and now the grandkids are starting up!"

Yeah, but it's okay. Trinkets are great. People are way more important.  I glued the cup and use it for a pen holder.  It's perfect for that.

Still catching on, still wising up, and that's probably a good thing. 

love you all, MOM

No comments:

Post a Comment