Thursday, January 26, 2017

happy birthday, buddy

 January 26.  Yep. It's your day.

 It's about the time of the year when the days feel like they're starting to get longer again, less darkness.

Plus, two years ago this little darling turned up to make the day ever special.

 Heidi and Joe came over with cake, knowing I was working, so you would have some festivity.

Successful.


Later on, we had cake again--another square cake, since my round pans were left at the lake last fall. All the crumbs came out and kept getting worse, so I threw chocolate chips on like it was intentional.

Whatever. It tastes the same.


Some pictures from the past, although I think you were wearing that sweatshirt today.

 You and our next-door neighbor at another neighbor's daughter's wedding:



 Kari and Tim back before Tim grew hair:




You and me:


 I do love you.

I also admire you in many ways, though not the ways you drive me nuts.

I admire your generosity and willingness to go the extra mile for all of us.

I admire that you never nitpick.  You don't criticize.  Even when you rant and are unreasonable, it's not personal, it's just life.  However we all are?  It's good enough for you and we know that.

Plus people text you pictures like this seeking help, and I just recoil.

I don't know what they should do about this, but probably something.  It's not good.

You just laughed and rolled your eyes.  Apparently you went over there when it was below 0 and took care of it.

Yeah.  Well, thank God someone knows what to do.  I can help you with your computer problems, your password re-sets while you holler, and place punctuation in your bids and invoices, patch your jeans and so forth, but THIS and actually, far worse?

Nah.

Happy Birthday, Sweet Buddy.

We all love you so much.

Love, Val and Everybody




No comments:

Post a Comment