Tuesday, January 9, 2018

a trip to the zoo

 I'd been wanting to do this for a while, but had to wait for a warm enough day.  Today was the day.

 But the child was scrappy and feisty, hanging on me a lot with many complaints.  I told Kirsten I didn't know if I could do it by myself if the kid wasn't a cooperator.

Then she got quiet and played with the Barbies contentedly.  Then she moved on to the Littlest Pet Shop critters and was working quietly there.   

Maybe we could do this.   I asked her if she wanted to go--to see plants and be outside and see animals.

She about jumped in the air and got ready so fast.

 It was such a beautiful day.

 Inside it was hot and damp. 





 She threw money in the fountain.

 She loved it too, napped part of the time and played with toys, looked at everything.


 There's the snow outside the windows:
 The moisture was fogging my lens.




 Koi--she was afraid to get too close.



 This is the wedding chapel, and it was closed today while they work on the gardens.  This is where our niece was married about ten years ago.  It was a beautiful occasion.


Onward.    Love, Val

No comments:

Post a Comment