Monday, January 22, 2018

snowy monday

It's been a mess today, but schools closed early and everyone was prepared to cut the day short and get off the roads.

These are pictures from the weekend, rowdies kicking it up on my bed.

 Saturday night we went to a Housewarming Party at these people's house.  It was so fun to see their house and spend a little time with them, old friends we very much enjoy.

Sunday we went to my parents for dinner. That's the two of them there, at a Thanksgiving occasion at my house.  I took no pictures this weekend, never thought of it, dumb me.

We ate chicken and noodles and there was a big, fat chocolate cake and it was lovely.

Later in the evening we went to these guys' house for supper and the football game was on, and we played Mexican Train and laughed when they were twerps.  It was a very easy-going evening.

In the morning they came to stay with us while their parents worked and we had a good time. They watched The Captain Underpants Movie, which I had never seen, and they kept me up to speed on what was happening while I did baby care. 

It was actually a pretty entertaining movie.  We even missed switching back to Channel 2 for Curious George.
 She was here too, always glad to have cousins to hang out with.
 This guy has a very big soft spot for babies, and I appreciate that a lot in a person.


 They asked me to fold and staple papers together to create little books they could illustrate and tell stories. They're actually good at this and pretty creative.  I wish I'd have had time to look at the books more closely, but they took them home, I think. 

The little girl wanted to participate, but didn't totally understand.  Finally I got a glue stick and scissors and cut out pictures from magazines for her to glue to piece of paper.  She loved that and was really good at the glue stick, understood how to apply it to the back of the picture and stick it on.

 She didn't do any art, but enjoyed hanging out in the kitchen, Miss Cheeks.

And now it's the end of a very fine Monday.  Heidi came late in the afternoon with pizza and pajamas and is spending the night, rather than travel back and forth multiple times to go home again in a blizzard, only to struggle back over here on slippery roads in the morning.

She works from home, is a Business Analyst who mostly telecommutes anyway, so telecommuting from here tomorrow works just as well.

We both work from home--I do too, so what even is the point in battling it?

We blew up the air mattress and made a bed on the love seat for the little one.

As a team, we got this.

Onward, to beautiful snowy Mondays, always,  Love, Val

No comments:

Post a Comment