Thursday, April 2, 2020

tim's new piano

Due to the virus, Tim had his piano lesson yesterday by video.  Usually he goes to the teacher's house, so she's never seen the little Baldwin organ he normally plays on.

She called me later and said the instrument was completely inadequate to his level of play.  He has been taking lessons for about seven years, so I get that.  She also had found a piano for fifty dollars on Facebook Marketplace.

So I called, and said I'd take the piano. The lady kept asking if I wanted to come and see it.  No, I don't.  I don't have time for that nonsense.   The piano teacher likes it. The seller says it's in good condition.  That's good enough.  For fifty dollars, I'll take my chances.

Movers were called and wanted to do it today, charged $150.

Okay.

So I called Tim so he'd be ready to receive the piano and pay the movers, and he was, and there it is.

He's playing Bohemian Rhapsody in that picture, and his teacher was so excited she called to hear him play, hear how it sounded.  How nice is that? 

Anyway, something good and fun in a week that's been overall weird.

So much love, Tim!   Enjoy your piano.

Love, Mom and Dad and Everybody

No comments:

Post a Comment