Tuesday, December 28, 2021

standing by

So, he's installing a door knob.  Doesn't seem like a super huge job, or a thing that would require a large dog to be in the way, but there you go.

I heard him bitching at her about get in or get out, go downstairs.  Apparently she found a spot to tuck herself nearby.

After the doorknob, I found them.  Dog on the couch and him in his workclothes, also on the couch. I took off the blankets I normally have over them--took them off for the holidays.  They're going back on tomorrow.  It's fine for now, but the couch, long term, will not survive all this, and I do love this couch, which is sad.  It's easier if you don't love the furniture.  Kirsten found us this and came along on the adventure to pick it up, and I am forever grateful.

And this, oh my god:

See that wet spot?  That's because this enormous dog sucks on the couch cushion like a little nursing baby.   Psssht. I really wish she wouldn't do this.

Here we have her on top of another project Jay's working on.  Ready.




I don't think sending her downstairs is going to work.

He told me he's never had a dog before that was his.

He didn't seek this out either; he agreed to her because I missed Sam so much. She decided whose dog she is.
 

There you go, buddy:  Your own dog.

I love you both, Val

No comments:

Post a Comment