Friday, February 4, 2022

smartening up

Today I spent over an hour on the phone with our internet provider.

Jay asked me to do this last night: "Please call and figure this out."

Okay.

Sigh.

We have two accounts:  A home phone, and a business account for business phone and internet.  

They put us on paperless billing for the business account, so we had no paper bill, and the bill is due next week.   The phone menus provide me no option to pay the bill and the website doesn't allow me into the sensitive billing section either.  Jay has no idea about accessing that.  I tried that before, trying to sign in from his side and no way.  He normally writes a check, shoves it in an envelope, slaps on a stamp, and voila.

Whee.

All about us trying to send them $203.42.

"What's the name on the bank account?"

"Same as on the bill. Plumbing, LLC."

"What?"

(Sweet Jesus)

It is done.  At the end, they accepted a phone payment from me and said paper billing is being restored.

Hallelujah.

And my phone complains relentlessly that the memory is full, and it is photos clogging it up.

I plugged the cord into the computer and it transferred all 2 million, 500 zillion photos over to the computer.

Previously they had been sent one by one over email. And then saved, one by one.

Talk about your painstaking process.  Ei yi yi.

So.

Old phone photos:











An example of how kids eat at meals vs. snack time:




When the neighbors were trying to back their boat into their driveway and a car hit them.
The police threw some kind of powder onto all that leaking gas.




Us in the 80s:









Merry Christmas, Kari!
My great grandma, grandpa--holding my sister-- mom and me.
Aunt Nita


This photo my cousin's wife took cracks me up SO MUCH.  It's the rowdies hanging on the side of the pool and the way the cow is peering at them that makes it just fabulous.

Sam and the kids about 2009
Okay that's enough for tonight.

So much love always, Val




 

No comments:

Post a Comment