Thursday, February 17, 2022

another anniversary

Today's our anniversary, and we both work, had no anniversary plans, but it seemed like we should mark the day somehow.

We'd agreed on no gifts, but I went shopping and found a few gifts for him anyway, little fun things.  Then there was still plenty of time before work and I sure didn't feel like cleaning the house or working on my continuing ed, so I went to the thrift store for fun.

Well, it was super fun!


It was a whole set of these cute dishes, will be fun to use at the cabin.   When I was lugging the box out a man asked me if they were made in England.  No idea.  Well, he was right.  Google helped.  Apparently they were made in the 1930s.

Jay said he should go buy me an anniversary gift, and I teased him, but not kidding:  "Let this be it.  This is awesome."

Anyway, way back when, 1979.

 

Today there were so many good wishes, texts, cards, phone calls from friends and family.  It's absurd--y'all it's been a long time, and you're too kind.   You all are very sweet to remember at all.


Love, Val, aka Mom, aka Grandma


No comments:

Post a Comment