Thursday, February 17, 2011

february 17, 2011

It's our 32nd anniversary.

what is up with this picture? why do we look so excited? i cannot remember.

My parents took us out for dinner, pretty nice. They offered to take the whole family, all the kids.

No. Absolutely not. No children involved.


They've been married almost 50 years.


Only us.

We had a great dinner, and then we bought cheesecake at the grocery store, and a french silk pie, AND a bucket of ice cream and came home to all the kids.

Party on.


What we'd do without my parents, I really do not know.

me and my mother--what a great shot, eh?


Julia wants to have a SLEEPOVER!! A GRANDMA SLEEPOVER! (Yes, she hyperventilates and jumps up and down frantically.)

My mother looks at her out the corner of her eye.

Heidi was sitting there with us at that moment, and I suggested she might be a more suitable candidate for a Grandma sleepover. Her maternity leave starts in a couple days. They could bond.


Plus Heidi would sleep. And then eat toast and jelly. And watch Good Morning America. And then Ellen. And shortly a sandwich for lunch, and then nap time.

Heidi and my mother nodded appreciatively. It'd be fantastic.

Nobody would be giddy, loud, or obnoxious.

SQUEEEEAAL.


Julia, time to get pajamas on. (Or a choir robe, or a wetsuit. Anything that takes you far from our ears at this moment.)

Sigh.

It was a great anniversary.

For fun, here's a video I love. He can afford to watch wheels go round and round. I'm so with him on that. The bills must be paid, but how I love to just let it all go.



Life is awful good. love, Val

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! And Best Wishes! Sending love, K

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so far behind! Happy Belated Anniversary! Love you so much! R
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete