Tuesday, February 22, 2011

oh, heartbreaker

Tonight we went to the JUSTIN BIEBER MOVIE!!!

SQUEEEEEAAL!!

It was entertaining and very fun. We had a good time.

After observing his wildly intense fans, apparently Julia isn't that abnormal.


The thought occurred though--Wynonna Judd talked about this, how it feels to be responsible for the income and lives of so many people. Concerts are huge, complicated events,lots of people on the payroll, and to know that all hinges on YOU? That's a lot for anyone, and he's only a teenager.

I watched him playing drums, guitar, piano, singing and dancing as vital as air for him, in a way blood has never flowed through my stodgy Norwegian veins, and the awareness was there of the prodigies and stars who have lost their lives to the industry and the cruelty of fame, and it scares me.

Not gonna lie.

When Kirsten was in gymnastics as a little child, airborne magical elf that she was, and her teachers were overly interested in her, and also captivated by the SMALLNESS of her, it creeped me out. No. I have her entire life to consider, not just her ability to to flips and stunts. We left. Obviously, I don't even have the stomach attempt to try. Stage mama? AAAGH, git away. It's frightening to put your kid in situations like that.

And we had this little boy here today:


try getting a picture of a guy like this

okay, there go the cushions




He had on a pair of vintage farmer striped overalls, which made me think of the little squirrel sweater Jay's aunt knitted for Dan when he was born. I found it shortly, and it fit and b.g. looked so darn adorable I could hardly stand it.




He was into dumping things out today, bins we don't normally dump OUT. We gently sift through them, do not throw them out over the floor.

oh coughin' and dumpin'


Hunh?

Then in his investigation of the house, he found some little photo albums and was looking through them. I was reading a National Enquirer my dad left here. Is John Travolta's hair real? What movie star has a chunky butt today?

I glanced over at him and he was staring at a picture of Dan holding t.c. when he was born a few years ago. He had a big frown on his face, and the lip looked a little tragic. I said, "That's Daddy. Is that your dad?"

He crumpled into sobs. Weeping. He turned to my lap and cried sad, sad tears.

I couldn't believe it. Here he's happily playing with his aunts and uncles and cheerily ransacking my house and he's missing his dad?

We hugged a bit and then I brought him in here and pulled up his mom's Facebook page. He looked at pictures of himself and his dog, but then there was a picture of his mom and dad at a wedding, and the lip came out! And he turned himself to my shoulder, arm over my neck and cried.

Okay, no. We need a diversion. Fast. Heidi bought Oreos at Target. Where are those? And what do you think James is doing?

Gosh, babies are smart.

Especially this one.


John's planning on leaving his kids here for the weekend, and l.c. still isn't over the last time they left him when they went to Vail. I told John last night, "You talk to him. Tell him he's staying at Grandma's." John said hadn't mentioned the plan yet, but he'd talk to him. He promised.

You darn babies. I love you so much. love, Grandma

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, babies are smart. Craziness.

    That picture of him in the high chair with that hat? KILLS me. Can not stand it.

    Another sleepover with the grandsons?! Very exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess it's the gala. Should be fun. love, Val

    ReplyDelete