Monday, February 7, 2011

here we go again

jimmy and timmy, back in the day

The winter.

Continues on.

The snow is so deep, Becka described her driveway as a canyon. Ours has snowbanks so high we have to creep out onto the road, sneaking and peeking, trying to see before we plunge out into traffic.

Last night when I drove home at midnight, it was snowing, a whole warm, damp, rose-pink world, sky and snow reflecting each other. As I drove through the golf course, the trees were black and the snow spread out side to side, sparkling in pink.

Gorgeous.

Tonight though, a new night. Steely cold. No clouds, just the huge clear indigo sky.

Oh, February, why do I live here?

That could actually be a really great new swear word. We don't want, "Oh, shit."

We don't even want, "Oh, urine."

"Oh, February," says it all.

Okay, it's late. And I'm tired. Tomorrow we register James for school.

JAMES!

you scrawny little twerp

My Baby James.

What am I going to do without him next year? He's quiet, unto silence. Okay, I do wish he talked more. (But not too much more. He need not chatter. We have others who do that fabulously.) He's good-natured and peaceful. And smart and gentle.

Plus he was always super duper cute and had amazingly dear little gopher cheeks that none of us could resist.


And I'm very much going to miss him next fall.

Okay, Future Val's problem.



Present Val must allow the child to grow up.

Onward to Tuesday. Life is good. love, Val

1 comment: