Friday, February 4, 2011

she's got a lump


This morning Julia was all chatty.

Surprising, I know, right?

Anyway, she asked if I was working today. "Yes, for a few hours and then I'll be back."

"Are you working in the night"

Nope.

She cheered.

So did I.

Then she told me she has a lump.

I could see no lumps, and teased her, "Where? Your ears are lumpy? Your nose? I know! You have a lumpy butt! All the Hollywood movie stars have those too!"

(You know how they do that on the tabloids, put some picture of a celebrity's butt and ask us to guess whose it is? THAT seriously cracks me up. That's not news! I got my own butt just as lumpy as anyone in Hollywood.)

Anyway, the lump is in her hair! We can fix it with a spray bottle and a brush. If only all life's problems were so simple. That's the point where I grabbed her and pulled her onto my lap and hugged her and kissed her, "How about you stay little forever?"

She laughed. She's not that little now.

Anyway, I worked, I'm home, and it's FRIDAY. The sun is shining and snow is melting, and it's time to check the kitchen and see what the possibilities are for supper. Happy Friday--maybe we'll have another cheer, even. Where did that kid go? love, Val

No comments:

Post a Comment