Friday, April 8, 2011

another birthday


Mine today. Kari and I share. It was great.

Jay made lasagna last night for the party tonight. This was Kari's request and an excellent choice. He did a great job.

I'd baked the cake earlier, and unfortunately the cake had issues. It tore when I frosted it and things were spiraling downhill, so we threw it in the freezer to halt the descent. Successful? Not sure. It tasted good, even if it looked weird.

But this morning Jay drove James to band so I could sleep. He whispered it in my ear. This was maybe the nicest gift ever. I was so tired by last night I could hardly stand it, and he did this without my even asking. Gawd, no wonder I love him.

Mid-morning, I woke up in a pile of pillows in the sun. We had a few errands to do, then back home for the party.

It was so sunny and warm today, Jay and the kids cleaned off the patio. James searched the garage for the umbrella for the picnic table, and Jay put together this swing--my birthday and mother's day gift. Our other one was shot, must be fifteen years old. This one is pretty delightful, soft cushions, big canopy.

The kids wanted to know what a canopy is? "A can of pee?" Noooo. Observe and learn.

Not a can of pee, thanks.


The usual characters were here, and it was was very loud, but also fun.









the look on my face is me considering how to keep this breakable lantern Kirsten gave me safe from the squirrels.





Kari's 11 in 2011, and this is my last year in my forties. I'm looking forward to seeing what the year brings. Thanks for being birthday buddies, Lydia. love you so, Mom

1 comment:

  1. Happy belated Birthday, Val! I'm glad you didn't get a can of pee. That made me laugh so loud my own squirrels came running and it was a little hard to explain. lol :0)

    ReplyDelete