Saturday, April 9, 2011

a weekend long ago

Okay, for a long time we were a family of six.

John, Dan, Heidi, Kirsten, and us. That was all, and it was good.

I'm going through photo albums for a project involving my parents' 50th anniversary and came across these, which are of a weekend visiting Jay's grandparents John and Lydia.

That's Grandpa John and our John playing cards, Kirsten on Jay's lap.

Here's Heidi and Lydia. Oh, I can hear her laugh.


This is bedtime. Notice how tired out they are. Kirsten's bunny blanket dissolved into shreds a decade later. Blankys are like that.

Heidi, Kirsten, and Dan



Heat pushed up to 80.

Heidi and Grandpa
This is one of me back when I was cute and all with the fat legs and curls.

This is a picture I don't even remember taking, caught me by surprise tonight. I paused and whispered, "Whoa."

Julia said, "What are you looking at? I showed her. "Dad! It's a picture of your back."

He glanced over, busy watching TV. "Yep, that's a back."

Indeed.


Happy Saturday. The windows are open and there's thunder and the smell of rain. Sigh. Spring's getting here. love, Val

No comments:

Post a Comment