Tuesday, March 27, 2012

okay, today we actually did it.

We wrangled them babies.

All three at once.

I was scared, and that's the truth. A two year old, a one year old, and a three month old?

Plus this is Grandma's house. I want it to be fun also.



Safe first, but fun also.

Maria and James are on spring break this week. Maria was here and helped me, and so did Kari. They got up and functioned right away, which definitely made a huge difference.


(James went out to the university for a couple days to visit Jay. They had a good time too.)

Anyway, it was very much a success. There was far more fun and happiness than I expected, and also far less crying.

And unexpected joy.

It was me and b.g.'s little brother alone today, just me and him. Would he drink that specially pumped milk from a bottle or not? (yes) Would he let me cuddle him to sleep or not? (yes)

Usually these are things I just turn him over to his mother for. He wants her far more than me.

But today I was an acceptable substitute.

While Maria and Kari pushed b.g. in the swings, during p.j.'s nap, the little baby slept in the pouch, and I could see his pulse beating through the top of his silky fuzz hair, and when I held my breath, I could feel his own breathing against my chest.


As far as b.g. is concerned, anything involving Tim is way fun.





 Here's where she says, "Hiiiiii!" in a sweet chirpy voice and then rubs his head. 




He smiled the most of all for his Uncle Joe, big grins, lots to say. That was pretty cute too, big old manly Joe cooing to his nephew.

Now Julia's in here hyperventilating, and Sidney is barking ferociously.

Tim's feet and laughter are thundering in the stairway.

BEDTIME! Any time you attract my attention after 9 pm, I will put your ass to bed.

Got that?

How can I attract my own attention, since I obviously should go take a bath now and get in bed also?

VAL? Hey you! Lady! Get to bed!

Best wishes for a very fine Wednesday looming before us in a mere couple hours.

love always, Val

No comments:

Post a Comment