Friday, March 23, 2012

sweet friday

Awww, that's the auntie and the nephew, reading a story.   He smiled at her, and she loved it.   I could crop the vacuum out and so forth, but nah.

 Alicia and her mom came today with the kids.  I don't see her mom very often, and for the three of us to have hours together just hanging out,  talking about all sorts of ranging topics, tangents and stories, chasing after the kids outside on a warm afternoon--pretty dang luxurious. 

Here he is in his very favorite spot.

 So cute, all in a row.
 And he came home for the weekend.


 And there's a little p.j. just woke up from her cozy nap.

The cushion for the swing was wet from the rain, so she grabbed a quilt from the linen closet.  This quilt top  my dad's parents made long ago, and a couple years ago my parents had it turned to a finished comforter and gave it to us.

When we were married my grandma gave us a simliar one as a wedding gift.  I guarded it.  When John was a teenager, he asked to use it and I said sure, just be careful with it. I don't want it rumpled.

He went way beyond rumpling--never gave it up.  I think it fell apart during college.

And this caught my eye when it was time to clean up the family room, the two of them stuffed in one chair, watching a movie.

It's that kind of Friday.   Jay is making little weenies for the party at Heidi and Joe's tomorrow so I'm going to go help him.

Happy, happy Friday.   love, Val

No comments:

Post a Comment