Thursday, April 12, 2012

thinking under pressure

Okay, so here's the story:

My mom was here helping me babysit, and the conversation veered from this to that, and we were watching the Showcase Showdown on Price is Right, and Julia said she wished we could go on that show,  "Mom! You should go!"

That whole glitzy, decadent oasis of materialism and nonsense?

Well. I dunno.

I said we live so very far from California, and I can't think under pressure.  I mean, that's difficult thinking under pressure.

Then.

Tim said this, and wow, yes, this came out of his mouth, "Thinking under pressure? What's hard about that? Me and Julia have to do that all the time when you're yelling at us, think up lies."

!!!!

Here he is making his nephew smile.


I'm still without words about the thinking up lies thing.

Some snickering, but no words.

This is my kind, beautiful mother, snuggling her youngest great-grandchild, helping me babysit.

As the poopy diapers roll, and the kids go nuts, we have shared a lot of laughs in the last few days, and the kids have enjoyed her company as much as I have.

Onward.

Tomorrow is Friday, and I do so love Friday, and it's going to be like 70 degrees out, and life is nothing but good.   love, Val

No comments:

Post a Comment