Tuesday, April 10, 2012

yay for tuesday

It was a long, but very nice day.   My mom came and helped me watch my grandbabies, and even though there were many cute moments during our ten insane hours together, these two blurry photos are all I have.


 I should get on the stick and take some pictures. These weeks are going by fast, and my mom and I rarely spend this kind of time together, especially while under siege by rascally, energetic babies.

He was so funny watching his favorite Cars movie while jumping all up and down the couch and on my mother's back.   Heidi's little girl was as cute as ever, cuddly little crazy elf.  And there were moments for some very sweet pictures of a very bald little baby brother on my mom's shoulder and the camera was too far away out in the kitchen.

Lazy.  Lazy of me.

Or tired. Could be also tired.  Tonight James was goofing around and had these strange pins on his shirt, pins he found around the house. The one of Maria when she was a young squirrel in basketball he said, "I like it because it's the funniest one."

Not sure Maria agrees. She's less enthusiastic, "I look like an overly excited chipmunk."

Well.

And the I am very upset tag?  Julia wrote that and James thought that was funny too.

I agree.

He told me he wasn't actually upset.  Julia wrote it, and he was amused.

So I tracked her down and asked why she's upset?

"Oh, I'm not. But now I have the signs ready, for in the future when I am."

Okay, that's actually a good idea, you know, to be prepared ahead.

I'm going to say good night and go work on my sign because you just never know.

love forever and always, Val

2 comments:

  1. Great point, Julia. Just in case. You might get upset later. Plan ahead. I love these posts about the quirky interactions of my favorite giant family. I'm so glad you write!! Love, Meta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It's soo good to hear your voice. Did the blessing of the bicycles go well? I hope so! love, Val

    ReplyDelete