Thursday, June 28, 2012

dad's birthday

His birthday is tomorrow, and we had a party tonight.

But first we went to the little pool.


b.g. and t.g. were there with their Aunt Michelle, who babysits them now.  She's Alicia's brother's wife, and so we are related by marriage.   She's adorable and funny.  She's also my first real estate client, so of course I love her.







The party was tonight and it was the usual loud, rowdy bunch of eaters.



Like this? People now study their phones at length.   I didn't even notice when I snapped the picture.

 Here's Dad opening gifts.

 And now the cake!

Yay!


Here are my parents, with Pam and me before my brother was even born.  So that's my dad there, and honestly, this man has been nice to me for like fifty dang years now.  I am sure he must have been irritated plenty of times, but I only remember him swatting me on the butt once when I spit my toothpaste on Pam's nightgown, and that seems pretty understandable.



And now here's a true thing:  Thank you for being our dad, the grand dad of all of us.  You are a person we can trust and rely on, a mentor who has brought us all along with stories of encouragement and possibility, with gratitude and a sense of humor besides.

This whole family is beyond lucky in having you.   Happy Birthday, Dad.  Lucky, lucky us.  love, Val and all of us

No comments:

Post a Comment