Friday, June 8, 2012

a new beginning


b.g. and his bald headed brother are going to be babysat at their aunt's house starting next week.

So today is the last of the regular days of going nuts at Grandma's.

We've been doing this since he was a wee baby, so it'll be strange to not.  It's going to be pretty quiet around here.    I babysat t.c. for years too, and eventually it became impractical--mostly the driving did, and they found a new daycare arrangement.   Life evolves, I guess.   I know it does.

 Here he's guzzling chocolate milk while his brother had a fine nap on our bed.



There's our bald-headed brother.  He goes by the name t.g.



Dan and Alicia brought chinese take out for supper since it was the last day.  It was a lovely ending to a long, sunny day.

I found these pictures on my camera--some squirrels evidently took possession of it during the evening.


This was Tim's fortune.  He rejected it.  "How is that even a fortune?"


Yes, and I see a chipmunk was on my phone.  I thought there were some odd numbers in the call records.   

A little while ago it was so quiet I went to see what they were doing.  They were watching Infested, a TV show on Animal Planet.     This is the show that freaked Tim out so badly he was up at night, not able to sleep!  He went to Kari's room and slept in the top bunk, apparently.

I wondered why he asked me about cockroaches the other day.    "We don't have any.  Why?"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. What is the problem?  Did you see a bug?"

"No."

"Do we have brown recluse spiders in this house?"

"No, just barn spiders. They can't hurt you."

"How do you know?"

"I know these things."

He looked at me and did that weird, nervous thing he does with his eyebrows when I am bitching at him, even though I wasn't scolding him.

I said, "What's going on? Are you okay?"

He did the weird eyebrow thing again and  looked away from me to the side, "Yes."

Well, he'd been watching this scary program!   And now they're watching it again!


Awww, and this little girl just went home after a busy afternoon of errands, and in a little while her grandpa and I are going out for dinner.

Happy Friday,   love, Val

No comments:

Post a Comment