Wednesday, June 27, 2012

hot tonight


I found this picture on my camera and it's here for no particular reason, except I like it.

It's 12:03 and I can still hear Julia's giddy little laugh from down the hall.

It's steamy-hot here tonight, one of those handful of nights we never have the chance to really get used to. I jumped in the car late tonight and the temperature thing on the dash said 87 degrees.

At 11 at night?

Yep.  I drove home with the roof window open and the a/c off just to enjoy the balmy night.

Jay was cooking tonight because we're celebrating my dad's birthday tomorrow.

The deviled eggs were located in the fridge in the office.   Oh, my gosh, I ate four before I stopped myself and came back upstairs to run bath water.

Okay, the recipe:

Boil 18 eggs.

Cool and peel.

Cut in half lengthwise, popping the yolks into a separate bowl.

Arrange the egg whites however you can to steady them on a plate or a dish.

Using a potato masher or a fork, mash the yolks with a big spoonful or two of  Miracle Whip.

Add a tablespoon or two of mustard.   Stir and mash until the consistency is creamy.

Slice a few stalks of celery, and a couple very thin slices of onion into bits. Stir in.

Scoop a spoonful of this onto each egg half.

Sprinkle softly with cayenne pepper.

That's it.   Divine. 

Good night.  love, Val

No comments:

Post a Comment