Wednesday, July 4, 2012

july, july, july


How I love you.  

It's over one hundred degrees here today, and that doesn't happen often, and no I don't love that.

It's too hot.  At work tonight, we were trying to count the damned narcotics and all at once I was dizzy and seeing sparkles around the edges and had to bail for a minute and sit by the fan.

"One hundred twenty one vicodin.  Seven ambien. blah, blah, blah."    I gotta sit down.

Later other nurses, MALE nurses, sneaked downstairs and stole our fan.

An orderly I love went up there to spy and see if it was them. 

It was.

The night nurse? She wasted no time, marched straight upstairs and snatched it back after the pm staff left.

What a great fourth of July, eh?    Jay went to a family reunion, and most of the kids are at the cabin.

 I miss my parents. 

I talked to them on the phone.  Usually we spend the fourth with them.

Okay, but enough of that.

Onward!   July you overheated devil--glad you're here.  love, Val

No comments:

Post a Comment