Thursday, July 5, 2012

feet in a yard


This is a Monday night picture  of James' long board injuries.  Mostly that night we were concerned about his hand, whether it was broken or not, but by the next day it was clear it wasn't.   Ice helped, and we sponged his wounds with lidocaine from the first aid kit.


Anyway, the kids were telling old homeschool stories, including this one about me helping James with his math and asking him how many feet were in a yard.

(Stories where I act like an idiot are their favorites.)

James answered,  "How many people are in the yard?"

Oh, quit it now.

Bullshit, James.  You know this.

I guess I yelled, "THERE ARE THREE FEET IN A YARD!"

He peered back at me, "That doesn't make any sense.  That's one and a half people."



He finished school on the honor roll, so if he doesn't understand measurements, nobody knows, and I'm not telling them.

Onward.   love you guys, and also so very glad you love me, MOM

No comments:

Post a Comment