Tuesday, July 10, 2012

more of the same


Our days don't vary all that much.   We worked a lot during the weekend, went to church, ate hamburgers.    This morning was the usual Tuesday morning sales meeting at the office, and then we did this:



Here they've flooded the sandbox to make rivers and mountains.




Eventually we went to the pool.





 That kid is actually fine.  He and Tim spent a couple hours chasing each other around the pool with the super soakers.



After that we came home.  I had an appointment with friends to look at a house, and Jay had to go do some plumbing, and I guess Heidi jogged over here for fun and found nothing but kids home.

Tim was mad because it was a Make-Your-Own supper night with both of us working, and he told Heidi I was supposed to make him a sandwich.

Seriously?   I know for a fact he can make sandwiches just fine with his own hands.

Little Jay heard it was Make-Your-Own supper and grumbled to Heidi, "I guess I can just eat cereal again."

Heidi took pity on them and made grilled cheese.  Good grief.  I think we need to cook tomorrow night.

And this:

Yesterday I found a little half-dead house plant all in tatters.  Cut up!  Cut!  Whaaat?

I knew who probably did it, but also knew they'd be thinking under pressure and making up lies.   I called them (and Kari too, though I knew it wasn't her) and said, "I want to know the straight truth right now, first time I ask:   What happened to this plant?"

There were the looks at each other and the ceiling and the shrugging, and why?   Just say what happened!

Finally when I started to yell a little, they said they'd done it, cut it up with a scissors.     I asked, "WHY?
Why would you do this?   I don't care about the plant, but why?"

"It was hot and we were bored."

There you go.   If you're ever hot and bored, just take a scissors and cut up a pothos.   That'll do it.

(Kids are so weird.)

Okay, good night.  Onward to Wednesday, and what a fine looking Wednesday it is.   love, Val

No comments:

Post a Comment